Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Chilled Avocado Cucumber Soup

I hesitate to call this "cooking".

Ingredients
  • 1 ripe avocado
  • 1.5 cucumbers, peeled & seeded
  • 1c plain yogurt
  • 2-3tbsp lemon juice
  • cilantro and chives - a couple tbsp each
  • 1c chicken stock, cooled (or veg)
  • 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded... plus some of the seeds, too.
  • salt and ppper
Are you ready? This is complicated. You put all of the ingredients in a blender. Follow me so far? Blend them together.

Thoughts: This has an interesting flavor of cucumber and avocado (no surprise there) and chilled it makes a great summer soup. My one complaint would be with regard to the texture, which, right out of the blender, is a little airy. I mean, it's so feathery light that it's almost not really soup at all, and I found that a little unusual, though I can see someone liking it. I think that next time I might put little julienned cucumbers or some little greens on top. Watercress would go perfectly with this soup.

Disaster Index: 1/10

No comments: