Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Eggnog

Ingredients
  • 1 egg
  • 1.5tbsp sugar
  • 3tbsp good dark rum (I used Meyers)
  • 1/8tsp vanilla extract (eyeball it)
  • pinch of nutmeg
  • 1/3c cream
  • 1/3c skim milk
In a pitcher, whisk together all the non-dairy ingredients until thoroughly combined. Then add the cream and skim milk and whisk together. Serve!Thoughts: Claire did not much care for this, but she isn't a big eggnog drinker. I used to love eggnog, but stopped drinking it at some point. This stuff is great. I would definitely drink this again, though sparingly - it DOES have quite a bit of cream in it. This recipe makes exactly 1 volumetric cup - about enough for 2 people. Multiply as needed. In the future, I might add some cinnamon or other spices, just to see. Hey, I might go do that right now.Disaster Index: 1/10

No comments: